Friday, February 20, 2009

Emotional turmoil

Am I having a mid-life crisis? But I'm too young for it still. I'm having this chaotic feelings .. at one time I'm OK, the next minute depressed. A sudden need for a good mushy movie then hoping for a good thriller the next! Duhh.. I have changed my preferences for movies and books for a few times for the last few months. Perhaps this is due to the change of routine in my life? Perhaps. Or in pursuit of finding the real me, what I can do, what I'm good at, my weaknesses, my likes and dislikes.

Or perhaps the loneliness that's eating me slowly having to face just the kids without any other adult around to talk to (other than my maid!). But thanks to the technology - the internet - I am able to take this off my chest

Oh well.. this too .. will pass I hope!

4 comments:

Mama Chupan said...

Hi my friend.I go to work everyday and talk to all kind of adults and I still get depressed. May be you are still adjusting. Anyway, you can still talk to your friends over the phone.


Your also depressed friend

SabrinaWM said...

ha ha...i lose all my depressed emotion when I watched all those lovey dovey emotional korean dramas... when finished, get depressed again from the remarks received from my husband. Emotional turmoil is also one the things that will get us going:-)

Tahiyyah M. said...

Ahhh thank you my friends. I guess this is the woman thing .. not just me huh! I pray hard this will pass!

3yearshousewife said...

Sounds very familiar. That was what I went through and felt like starting the 3rd-4th months leaving work. It's not just missing the adult companionship, it's about losing this sense of worthiness. You're so used to working, doing 'important' things and get the feeling of self accomplishment each time you finished a task/ project. Then at home, you're doing the same chores again and again. Endless... The house still look untidy at the end of the day, anyway. Then I sat and think what is the accomplishment that I've achieved, no one seemed to bothered...I used to tell friends who are at work that's how I feel. They said I'm lucky that I got to stay at home...Not the answer I'm looking for, I was hoping people will say ' yes it's terrible to stay at home and do all those endless things' but of course...none said that. It's an internal battle. I guess that will be the feeling you'll get when you finally retire from work. simptom org pencen...anyway, that was how I felt when I left work. If that's how you feel too, it'll passed, don't you worry...do a lot of activity in open spaces, it'll do you a lot of good. Happy, happy...